Saturday, December 30, 2006

2006 reflections

january: rang in the new year with danette and friends. it was such a nice night. what else: got into a sort of war with my car company about an asinine charge and threated them with a expose letter to the Oregonian (that was fun); had miss Y as a houseguest for a week- that was fun too; started taking classes with the AAHC with danette- more fun; began downward spiral at work. best thing: the 7 night cruise i went on with my mom, grandma, uncle joe and aunt stephanie. worst thing: coming back from the cruise.

february: short and sweet month. best: tie between snow tubing at snow bunny and reconnecting with old friends back east. worst: arguing with many people in new york to get my w-2 form sent to me.

march: what a month! heidi came and visited- that was blast. i began playing scrabble on a bimonthly basis with maria. again, more fun. best: first date with josh. worst: the possible ending of the friendship of danette and maureen.

april: first little trip with josh to the coast, more scrabble, more josh, lots of talk with heidi about her upcoming wedding. no best and worst- it was a pretty good time.

may: heavy duty MOH talks with heidi, i took a trip down to berkeley and i sort of dropped out of doing AAHC classes. i've never been a big fan of the month. the best thing was that i got offered a new job and i gladly accepted. worst: spent the day in the Kaiser Urgicenter with the worst headache i've ever had. josh was with me though and we now refer to it as "Tumor Scare 2006".

june: started off the month in NC. heidi got married. i missed josh. i vowed i would NEVER HAVE A WEDDING (har har). went to the coast with the best ladies in PDX ;-) i started my new job and loved it. it was all good.

july: learned that my landlord was "seriously about to sell the house". i searched high and low for something i wanted and found something in parkrose. eh. i had to move offices at work - blech! i got pissed that josh and i couldn't afford alaska but we had a great time in newport anyway.

august: i moved into my first "i live by myself" apartment and things decend slowly from there. well, not everything, not at all. but i do realize that handling living expenses by myself is DAMNED HARD. robyn came to visit- yay! best and worst: moving.

september: i turned 30. josh gave me a marvelous day. i had my first birthday party ever- much fun and love all around. i flew down to phoenix to attend a wedding with josh and met almost all his people. it was a doozy of a thirty days.

october: you know, it started out in an 'eh' place. i went to florida to celebrate my aunt and uncle's 60th wedding anniversary. josh came and met almost all of my family. it went very well but it was also the most stressful trip i've ever taken in my life. i gave notice at my apartment because the costs were killing me. i have no idea how i spent halloween. best and worst: trip to florida.

november: i know this was just last month but i have a hard time remembering....i think i basically spent this month in a depressive fog. i hit a bottom financially. i moved again. i began working at a second job. i spent thanksgiving in an apartment in vancouver and then i went to work. best: i got engaged. worst: everything else.

december: blessed end of this surreal year. slight coming out of the fog. josh gave me a great christmas eve. i spent christmas alone watching the 'In Living Color' marathon on BET, slightly sick. i put in notice at my newly attained apartment. i got a third job where luckily the compensation is a free apartment. so i moved A-GAIN. i'm tired, i'm looking forward to 2007.

B-/C+

new year's intention: to be present, centered and living my life the way i want.

No comments:

Post a Comment