Friday, September 1, 2006

why?

Lawn sprinklers. I know why people use them but I don’t know why, if that makes any sense.

I thought of this only because I was driving to work and noticed that for the umpteenth time I found the sight of the waterlogged sidewalk perturbed me in front of my local library. Sure, the grass was a brilliant green but does that justify using all of that water?

I grew up in the southeastern quadrant of this country and lawn sprinklers are not a new sight for me. However, I have never understood why they are used. I feel as if there are so many people, literally, dying for clean water that using it to make a yard ‘look better’ is mind-boggling.

Who says brown grass isn’t good looking anyway? And while I’m on this useless rant – why is that most things that are brown are considered bad anyway?? Huh? Answer me!

I’ve got nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment