Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Room 106

JC and I decided to leave Portland. The residents at Lafayette court had bonded together to supply us with $50 worth of gas cards and $50 in cash. It was too much for my already tired and sad being. Fully aware that we were the ones leaving, we had decided enough was enough. JC came home right as I'd finished a good cry. Adding to my sadness was the news that Dot, the woman who'd done my wedding make-up and my sister's good friend, had succumbed to stomach cancer. May she rest in peace. JC said, "let's pack up and get a hotel room in Vancouver". I nodded and the frenzied packing of our cars began. An hour and a half later we left for the 'Couv. We secured a mini-suite in the Shilo Inn at a price so reasonable it was pretty unreasonable. Know what I mean? We left then to have a 4th of July indian dinner courtesy of JC's friend. We had a great time. It was late though and the place was just east of Cornelius Pass. We got back and crashed.

Truly, it was not a good day. I had spent most of the morning preparing for Lafayette's picnic/going away party. It was hot and emotional- draining to say the least. My sister called with that news and then I was done. JC also had a rough day as he dropped his phone and broke it (it works now), the truck didn't start (it's semi-working now) and got bit by a dog. Poor kid.

We'll be on our way soon. Good thought and prayers are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment