Thursday, July 5, 2007

Room 206

Today began with a slow roll out the door of our previous mini-suite. Adios. JC and I have often discussed what hotel rooms we've stayed in are best. That one will rate pretty far up there.

I am now in the Silverdale Beach hotel in Silverdale, WA. I'm not sure what the beach is but can see the Puget sound is not too far. The room has a king (thank you!) and a balcony (again, thanks!). However, there's no wireless so I'll be in withdrawal and updating later on Saturday, hopefully. Oh wait! The tide has come in and it's beautiful! Josh's stepmom (Debi) and his dad (John..another JC actually) put us up here. Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

The trip here from the 'Couv was long. Longer than need be due to more truck problems, a flyaway tarp and bathroom breaks. I tempered myself by listening to some great hand me down "American Life" cds. I listened to one and half. I also made some phone calls and chatted with my sister. JC and I spoke for the last half hour. It's weird to speak to someone who you're trying to follow through traffic. He drives with some recklessness and thinks that going five over the speed limit grants him the right to drive in the left lane. Man, I love him.

We'll eventually see his dad and stepmom though I'm not sure when or what for. Tomorrow promises (I hope) a day of rest and double checking. I'll update again.

later....

Met up with JC's dad and stepmom and their family. They have three daughters who visit regularly. Two are twins and have five children between them. It's a treat to me to be there because I'm so rarely around children. They each have a ~5 month old baby. BABIES!!!! I love to hold and play with them but so far I do enjoy handing them back to their mothers. We got in some Wii bowling and then called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment