Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A-T-L

Well, I have no room number tonight because we've made it to Atlanta.

We started out from Louisville this morning around nine thirty and got to the city around four. This fourth day was definitely the shortest and most enjoyable leg of our journey.

My thoughts are these: Tennessee is not so bad and full of very large cities. We went through Nashville and Chattanooga. A very lovely state. It almost scoured the memory of South Dakota. Oh well. There are FAR more McDonald's (and fast food in general) in the east. I never noticed that until I counted dozens of food exit signs that advertised McDonalds', Burger Kings and Wendys'. It was kind of sad. I already knew that the southeast is the least healthy section of this country but I was kind of able to see why.
I also noticed that being from Oregon has vastly improved my ability to drive in the rain compared to the others I was driving around. Wow, you'd think as much as it rains down here that people would learn but apparently not.

Got some great phone calls and messages - thanks guys! We pulled up and I played a lot with my niece. My sister cooked for us and then we unpacked both vehicles. It's sticky and warm, as expected. Fortunately, it cools down a lot at night and I enjoy it then. Fortunately also is the fact that September is in two months. Hee hee.

I will be updating more to give more information regarding getting jobs and employment. Hopefully soon, hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment