Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"that's what they used to call me..."

and that statement was followed by a puzzled look and, "...excuse me?" JC was making a joke about drinking Wild Cherry pepsi but it didn't go over too well. It may take some time for my family to get used to his wry humor. I love it!

What to say: I woke up after fitful sleep that had dreams featuring long highways with miles of cars. Speaking of, we hit some pavement today. I put in an app. to do substitute teaching 'in the meantime'. JC got in some resumes and met one assistant principal who said he'll call tomorrow for an interview. We'll cross our fingers on that. After a lot of running around town we went to the house that we have under contract. We both met the realtor in person for the first time today. She was sweet. She talked to the builders and they've given us lots of extensions up until now and YES, they will continue to give us more time. Our hope is something will pop up for JC soon.

The weather was muggy. I raised my hand to see if I could feel the air it felt that tangible. It's such an interesting change.

JC made his infamous meatloaf and smashed potatoes and my grandma and ENORMOUSLY pregnant sister came over for that. It was really all quite lovely. My mother was 'off' but I saw her for all of thirty minutes. That's how it goes. We have tentative aquarium plans for Saturday...perchance I can dream.

Not all that much else to report. Here' good travel juju going out to all those lonely truck drivers making the long haul who will never read this blog. My heart goes out to them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment