Saturday, August 4, 2007

Upswing

Things are in an upswing in the continual bipolar-esque life of job hunting. I had my meeting with social work prn and she was really supportive. We had a good chat about social work, east v. west coast and racism. I believe she finds me fascinating because of my perspective on different parts of country. Anyway, she found a possible match for me. It's a part-time position doing community counseling. Much like the other lead I had but I like that this is a start-up program with only fourteen clients. There's the potential to go full-time but I'm satisfied with twenty hours because it's, sadly, only a couple of hundred less than what I made in my last full-time job. Sigh.

The husband had an interview that he said went very well. As we approached the highway leaving the interview, he got a call for another interview on Monday. So, indeed, there is an upswing in activity.

We're off this afternoon to take some tests for teaching. My brother came in last night and we stayed up playing 500. He's hilarious! We're going to have a good ol' southern cookout this afternoon. I'm preparing deviled eggs. Yum!

Much love to my Rockaway girls! I looked at the scrapbook this morning and I managed not to cry but my heart is definitely still touched.

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment