Wednesday, January 2, 2008

8

So the oh so creative media is using these rhymes to describe the year like: it's great, let's celebrate, you get the picture. I think so far it's fine. Judging a year by two days is like judging a store by the socks they sell. We do that anyway, huh? Moving on...

I spent the first day of this year hanging out with my niece and mom. She (mom) made some insane 'biscuit' concoction with just flour and heavy whipping cream. She, quite ironically, was commenting on Paula Deen's penchant for fattening food. She did (mom again) whip up a fantastic egg white scramble so I forgave her. My sister came over and took over child care so my mom and I got into some Wii. She actually killed me in bowling and tennis. I will have my revenge.

Back at work today. Yip. I'm so eager to take my LCSW exam so I can find somewhere else. Talk about underappreciated. But I must pay the bills so...

Spoke with JC last night. His mom was discharged and she is apparently doing alright as evidenced by the return of her ornery mood. Whatever works.

Speaking of, my phone died between New Year's Eve and last night so I missed any great calls that came my way. If it was one of the three of you who read this please try again. *Grin*

Key phrase for today: Must sweat.

And I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment