Tuesday, January 22, 2008

blah

Nothing new under the sun.

JC persuaded, through his constant reference, me to read the book of Ecclesiastes. I KNOW I didn't spell that right. Anyway, I read it and it was kind of funny. For a book of the Bible, ya know. Anyway, the jist, for those who may not have read, is a man lamenting the futility of life. Life in the sense that, in my opinion, a lot of people look at it. There's no point in seeking admiration of others - it's fickle and destined to leave. Basically, the book's point was it's all be done before and seeking to establish yourself as higher than another is folly. I agree. I think it all depends on your own faith structure if you can really get into it. It was pretty heavy when I stopped to think about it so..I stopped thinking about it.

My sister's birthday is today. Because my employer, like Bush, doesn't care about black people we didn't have yesterday off. Just kidding! But I seriously didn't have yesterday off as a holiday so I took it off myself. We took my sister out to lunch. Her favorite food is Italian. Ugh. But I had a decent turkey sandwich so it wasn't all bad. My niece is was the most precious thing- she loved surprising her mother with the birthday cake that she and our mom baked. So sweet! I wanted to also surprise my sister today but she's doing scoring for a basketball game and with Atlanta rush hour traffic it will, no lie, take me two hours to go 35 miles. That's a no.

JC's mom remains stable for now. She ~says~ she's following the diet and not drinking. My heart of hearts wants to believe her but I feel we'll be getting another phone call soon.

If I don't find a volunteer job or something to get involved with soon, I may internally combust. This much leisure time can't be good for the soul ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment