Friday, February 29, 2008

what's that smell?



the drama in my life has all abated. this is good for me considering none of it was really mine. if you believe in prayer, juju or whatnot send some out in the world. this place is nutty.

good thing: we're heading to new york. can't wait to email folks and set up coffee and dinner and movie dates. yay!

i don't know why but i've been indulging, though i'm not sure that is the correct word, in an extremely guilty pleasure. tabloid websites. i don't know what it is. i can't stop lately. i'll be sitting at work, wiling the hours away looking at perez hilton or x17. i think it's the devil.


my co-worker (oh she of cat lovin') continues to scare me. i just heard her on the phone, "Oh, I'm ok! I'm going on another trip. That's what people who have no life do..they go on trips...people like me!"  the exclamation points are not exaggerated.

so i'm down 15.5 pounds. finally. after two and half months of ass busting elliptical burning cardio - i've dropped a size. woo hoo. the challenge is on to get back to grad school weight. i hate to even think of typing how much that will be. i'm more proud that i'm managing to do this in atlanta. home of the fatty, fried, dipped, buttered and creamed EVERYTHING. well, mostly.

back to work. i have an exciting night of babysitting ahead of me. i have been missing my niece lately. i miss the baby nieces too. one was just in the hospital for some rare kind of staph infection. poor little sweetheart! she's fine though and hopefully my sister's brood will move their asses out of alaska and back to the mainland.

that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment