Sunday, June 15, 2008

the still, small voice

It's talking to me right now and it's saying: life is good.

JC and I descended upon the PDX this weekend. It's nice to be back. It feels...weird. I know that's a rather bland insight but it feels the most true. I was walking through the streets today and remembering everything. We went to JC's old church. That was different- the church has lost like 50% of the members- the white flight was VERY apparent. Anyway, we went to lunch at Monsoon Thai afterwards and the waitress remembered  JC, "chicken pad thai spicy". She says, "Oh! You're back!". Comedy.

I feel mostly as if I was away on a long vacation. A sucky vacation since I had to work but a long break nonetheless.

We went to see 'The Happening'. I may write a review but it was so not good I don't really want to waste my time.

I have avoided the following in the hopes I will get my good friends of Portland to join me: Sushiland, coffee shop x, y and z and 'Sex and the City'. I have a feeling I know who will join me at what event but I'm putting it out there...


It was maybe 73 here today. Heaven.

Welcome home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment