Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Don't lose the dinosaur"

Stepbrothers.  Lady ephany put the idea of movie watching in my head today. Not that it's never far from the forefront of my mind to see a movie but...

I visited Cinetopia with my friend and we saw the latest from the Judd Apatow money making manchild movie machine. I love me some alliteration.

Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly star as Brennan and Dale, respectively, who are 40 year old men still living with their parents who recently wed. That sentence should tell you pretty much all you need to know. It's a very silly film that felt like a ninety minute SNL skit- in other words it should have never gone on so long. This likely due to the fact that Adam McKay was the director. My mouth hung upon no fewer than five times just because of some truly vulgar moments. As the slapstick moments wore on, I was getting bored but then the "great life change" happened and that was a third act that worked well. Overall, the movie is coming of age story that is so predictable, gross and unrealistic you'll laugh in spite of yourself.  You just won't laugh very much.  C-

No comments:

Post a Comment