Wednesday, August 13, 2008

merry go round

Today was super until I stepped outside of my apartment. I was all jazzed to take care of all that crazy car stuff you have to do every time you move. I'm damn near a pro at it now. Having had to register my car/get a license in four states- I know a thing or two about how this is to work. That is until I met the forces of the state of Washington.

I have about $800 left on my car loan so naturally the bank holds the title to my car. In most other states they recognize that not everyone outright buys their car and so they have a leinholder; they accept the documentation of this and proceed to give you a registration card. NOT good ol' Washington. I have to have the bank fax them a copy of the title. Damnit! So that's just another thing i have to do. I called the bank. They can process the request for the fax in three days. wow, great, thanks. i am seriously wondering what people do at work all day. why does it take three days to read a piece of paper and then fax a piece of paper? I emailed JC's 250 page book to FedExKinko's, notorious for their incompetence, and they had it printed and bound for me in 2 hours. I don't get the three days thing. Whatever.

We leave for the A on Friday morning. I am not actually looking forward to it. I want to see everyone but I know that following that there will be no more trips out there. I am just getting used to being back out here: adjusting to being the "only one" everywhere, giving cyclists wide berth, coffee shops; all in  all, it's great and I am so happy to be out here. I've just never been good at goodbyes and trips keep digging in the wound. I am just loving the view from my terrace right now. Everything balances out.

No comments:

Post a Comment