Thursday, December 24, 2009

Mo' money, Mo' problems: Biggie never lied!

So yesterday, my mom texts me that the package from Mercer came to her home. She would not, however, read the letter to just me because she takes the whole tampering with mail is a federal offense thing seriously. WTF?! Anyway, we found out that they offered him $20k/yr which essentially equals a 60% scholarship. This is huge, big, wonderful, complicated news.  That knocked CUNY completely out of the running (*sniffle) because their bright spot was that they were so cheap that the other scholarship offers made the tuition at the other places equal to CUNY's base non-resident tuition. BUT Mercer's offer makes it even less expensive than CUNY. Plus, jobs for me down in GA are more plentiful and pay more AND we have a free housing option. That's nice because the minuses of Mercer are that we would have to move across the country again and buy another car. Decisions, decisions.

A small envelope from the University of Toledo arrived today. I so don't care because I'd rather live in Lansing, Michigan than Toledo, Ohio. Still...I want to open it. Yay, Nay, whatcha say?

2 comments:

  1. Ma is the same way (about mail)! It's good that things are starting to look up, even if they are getting more complicated. You'll end up in the right place if y'all just have patience and choose wisely.

    ReplyDelete