Saturday, December 26, 2009

Learning

No new MHIGTLS news. The same stuff: wondering, reading, researching, etc. Looks like Toledo is gonna be the clear winner. I read up on the other contending schools to see how likely it is that such another generous award will be tossed his way. The answer is not so likely. Truthfully, I'm a bit bummed right now. I'm very happy for him but can't help but wonder about what in the world would it be like to be a Toledoan??

In wondering this, I foolishly turned to that internet bastion of geographic negativity- city data. I've used them to learn all kinds of things, none of them too positive. What I've concluded is that, generally speaking, people who leave comments on the internet are either really happy and need to get it out or they are really upset and need to vent. Neither helps, actually.

In regular old boring stuff news: I didn't do much today. Dragged the husband to an aerobics class this morning as payback for the horrendous training session he put me through last week (my arms *just* recovered). It was mostly step which I hate and feared he'd have a hard time with. The man has rhythm but he thinks to much about moving to music. Anyway, the class leader felt the need to come to me after class and tell me, "You were so good! You have great form- you would have thought you were here just yesterday!" She said all of this because in the beginning of class she simply had to know who we were (common interaction) and learned it was my first step class in ages. Her skepticism and literally telling me to "go ahead and use the lighter weights, you know, since you haven't done this in a long time".  I hate to admit it but I thrive really well when people tell me I can't. In my head I'm thinking: oh yeah! watch this! Anyway, her comment after class just fed that particular monster. Tomorrow, jazzercise, hopefully. Sans husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment