Thursday, July 19, 2007

recap

man! what a wild and crazy forty-eight hours it's been!

tuesday, july 17, gabrielle rebecca janice & isabelle elizabeth april, were born to my sister. gabby was born two minutes earlier. she was two pounds heavier and one inch taller than izzy. that night i stayed with my sister in the hospital, helping her feed and holding them when they cried and not sleeping. it's so humbling for me to be around babies. i know it's cliche for a thirty year old woman to wax philosophical on the miracle of birth and how wondrous babies are but i'm sincere. i don't want one of my own so i like to think that gives me a little more cred. *grin*.
anyway, they are absolutely adorable and i will be so sad when they pack up and move to alaska. my sister had them via 'c section' and she's doing well. she got up and walked around today. she blamed me and JC for a blood line on her stitches' bandage. she said we made her laugh too much. heh.

yesterday was truly a blur. JC got a job lead so we ran around town for that. we visited my sister and the twins again but other than that i really don't remember what happened.

today, i went to an info. session for the social work temp. agency in town. it was great. we had what i like to call 'social work church'. we got the info. and then we sat around and had a group venting about the horrors of the justice, mental health and drug counseling systems. it was great to hear. the coordinator was saddened that me and JC were both out of work social workers so i think that means she'll work hard to get us a contract. the pay is really good with them so i hope that something works out with them.

otherwise, life has been moseying along as it is wont to do in this region of the country. i've been enjoying all the extra time i get to spend with my husband. something told me yesterday to be glad for this because we'll be working soon. he's taught me to drive his truck; we've been exercising; i've been teaching him how to get around this area...in short, we're bonding.

i sometimes really miss portland but it ebbs and flows; just like when i moved from nyc to portland. i've had a lot of time to think about all the moves i have made and what may happen in the future. i don't know but i know i do believe i can only do such an upheaval only one more time. i used to be much better able to handle the change but this last move has shown me that this moving thing, along with other things, has changed with my advancing age. i don't know....just felt the need to type that.

so here are some pictures.

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment