Sunday, July 15, 2007

"WAKE UP G*DAMMIT!"

talk to me So my sister and my grandma wanted to go see 'Ocean's 13' but as loyal readers you already know that I have seen it. JC and I went to see this movie instead.

"Talk to Me" is the story of Ralph Waldo Petey Greene, a D.C. dj in the 1960s and 1970s who rose to fame due to his street-wise real talk. He was an ex-con who fought his way to his position with the help of straight laced Dewey Hughes. Don Cheadle, aka Acting God of the Universe, plays Greene to comic and dramatic perfection. Chiwetel Ejiofor does great by Hughes making sure that we see the conflict he has between seeing his dreams realized versus doing what's right as Greene's manager. The movie is an epic story of these men and their friendship during personal and politically turbulent times. It is both hilarious and heartening. I highly recommend seeing it. However, if you're bothered by "the n word", seeing as how they recently buried it, then you may want to stay home. A-

No comments:

Post a Comment