Wednesday, August 8, 2007

through the fire

As my beautiful twin nieces celebrate their 3rd week out of the womb, JC and I celebrate our 4th week in the ATL. "News" continues it's roller coaster route. The interview that JC had on Monday was, in his words, "the best interview I've ever had". Wow. That man is to let the chosen candidate know on Friday. To say we're anxious is putting about where it needs to be. *Grin*. I mean, seriously, I've taken up running! What's that about?!

My news is more of a mixed bag. The SW prn referral has yet to pan out. I've let a message twice with the hiring entity to no avail. I'm now greatly suspicious of social workers down here. Hmph! On the other hand, my sister got us on as subs since she knows the HR director of the county's education board. It's good to have connections. I can't begin that until September but at least it's money coming in. Sadly, subbing everyday will also pay more than my previous job did. Tsk. 

What else? Nothing. We say a couple of movies which I will review eventually. Otherwise we've got a little routine that I'm not finding altogether awful anymore. We've given ourselves until 9/30. If nothing substantial comes our way by then, well....

My mom treated my middle sister and me to a pedicure today. Actually, my pedicure is payment for my helping my mother figure out her palm pilot. As I have never owned (nor do I want to- it's the other piece of technology I'm not all that into. The other? The microwave.) a palm pilot, I'm glad I got the pedicure first. After looking it over though, I realized it's not all that difficult; just a little synching up with her laptop and she'll be good to go. 

Alright, well, the heat index was 109 today and I was D-Y-I-N-G! So now I'm going to bed. Possibly nude...hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment