Monday, January 14, 2008

Help

His mom has liver failure. It's not a pretty picture right now and, of course, no one is sure what's going to happen next. He's talking about wanting to go be with her. Yeah, as in moving to Phoenix. Now this is probably, no not even probably, it is the last thing I want to do. But I know- this is definitely not about me. If I learned that my mother, a lifelong drinker, had to follow a health plan that included no longer drinking and eating as directed before even being considered for a transplant-- I would move as close to her as possible, no questions asked. So, I'm aware my initial reaction was extremely selfish. I've prayed over it and ate something good for me and meditated and slept and come up with- I love him. I married him. I vowed in sickness and in health, which didn't specify whose sickness, and I have every faith that the universe will see us through.

Whatever you may believe I know he'd appreciate your thoughts, prayers for his mom. I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment