Friday, January 11, 2008

nanas

My new favorite work place snack. I've had to let go of the love of fattening, though oh-so yummy Trader Joe's trail mix. Man, that stuff was my crack.

Speaking of bananas- one of co-workers who shall henceforth be known as "crazy lady"- as I was leaving yesterday, came up to me and said, "Hello, hello? do you work here?" I replied, "Well, I don't know what to say to that" and kept it moving. She always asking me to come talk to her. Really? Do you need that much from a stranger? You're going to be 50 in a couple of months? Puh-lease.

The context of this interaction being this woman thrives on 'socializing' in the office. Ok, folks, we're basically working in a call center. My job is to answer the phone. I don't go around talking to anyone. We've been chastised enough about making sure calls are answered. Crazy lady works one step above me so she's not really responsible for catching the calls. Maybe she doesn't understand. I don't know and mostly, I don't care.

Even more history- her cat was ill and she spent a good $20,000 and many days crying at work. That was very sad. However, I get really nervous when people throw it in your face in every conversation. And she did. She's an attention seeker. Aries. Has the office right across the hall from me. She calls us "neighbor friends" and has insisted I come in her office and identify my mood each day based on a poster of costumed, expressive cats she has on her wall. Suffice it to say it's not just me who finds her odd.

I've been trying to turn this all over to the universe to take care of because I don't want to think of her once I leave at 5pm. Ya know?

We tried a new restaurant in the snazzy (read: overpriced) area of Atlanta last night. It was a combo Thai/sushi spot. Very low key. Very agreeable prices. I've been SORELY missing Sushiland. Mmmm....

After dinner, I bought JC an early birthday present last night. He was so excited he started kissing me on the sidewalk and screaming happily. Now I love this man dearly but a show-er of affection he is not. It was nice to get such a reaction.

I hate to wish away time but man 5pm cannot come more quickly. No real plans for the weekend but I simply do not want to be here. That's good enough for me! *GRIN*

No comments:

Post a Comment