Monday, December 21, 2009

so much going on...

MHIGTLS news: he heard from two more schools today. In at Creighton University (Omaha, NE) and CUNY (NYC). He got the official letters from Michigan State (MSU) and University of St. Thomas (Minneapolis). St. Thomas gave him a cute hat. They get my vote for that. Mercer packet hasn't been received yet.....

But seriously, I remain concerned about the viability of his career following law school. All these schools are tier 3 and CUNY is 4, I think. They're all known fairly well in their state so there's that. I mean, NE has only two schools however, I have no desire to live in NE much less past three years. I sound like a broken record but we'll see...

So just a recap of acceptances and rewards:

1. Michigan State (50% scholarship)
2. Valparaiso (50% scholarship)
3. University of St. Thomas (50% scholarship)
4. Creighton (25% scholarship)
5. CUNY (no $$ but they're cheap)
6. Mercer (haven't received info yet...)

These are just in the order they were received. Both of us would put CUNY/Mercer at the top in terms of preferences. For me the preference is related to job market and livability. We are truly just waiting to hear from the local places. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. you should give Nebraska a chance...Omaha is a great city, great people and Creighton is a great law school. Supreme Court Justice visits every year and sometimes sits on Moot Court...don't dimiss Creighton and Nebraska so soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dermot- Well, it's not my decision since I'm not the one going to law school. The primary consideration is that we don't want to pack up and move to where we know no one. We've done that before but if Creighton is where he belongs, I believe we'll be there.

    ReplyDelete